"I have but one passion - it is He, it is He alone. The world is the field and the field is the world; and henceforth that country shall be my home where I can most be used in winning souls for Christ."

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Schedule for my last week in Illinois

Today - March 11th - Cleaning Day: This is my day to finish the last of my laundry, so it will be ready to pack, sweep the living room, mop the kitchen, clean the bathroom, finish the dishes, and get everything ready for me to be gone.

Wednesday, March 12th - Packing Day: This is my day to decide how to pack for 3 months into two suitcases and a carry-on, including suits for Sunday and clothes for weekdays. It is also the day for deciding what of my many electronic devices I'll need to minister in Mexico and keep people at home updated.

Thursday, March 13th - Training Day: This is the day I am most excited about. This is my day to practice what I will be doing in Mexico here in Illinois. I am going somewhere... not sure where yet... to find people who need Jesus. This is the day where I feel uncomfortable and probably rejected. This is my day to share the gospel one-on-one with complete strangers. Hey, if I can't do it with people who speak my language, what chance is there that I'll do it with people who don't?

Friday - March 14th - Praying/Preparing Day: This is the day where I prepare my heart to be taught and used in whatever way God desires. This day will consist of only things I will be able to do while I am in Mexico. No TV, games, or friends. Just me, my God, my Bible, my Spanish lessons, and my family.

Saturday, March 15th - D-Day!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

It still blows my mind... you preaching! I feel so old! Happy for you!