"I have but one passion - it is He, it is He alone. The world is the field and the field is the world; and henceforth that country shall be my home where I can most be used in winning souls for Christ."

Sunday, March 16, 2008

I´m Here

Hey Everyone,
This will just ba a quick post, but I wanted to tell everyone that I´m all settled here in Jimenez and everything´s good. I will be preaching this next Sunday evening, so I could use all your prayers for that! It will be mostly in English, with an interpreter, but I´m also working on one for later that I´ll be preaching all in Spanish.

Right now I´m staying at the ranch, but this week I may be moving in to town to live with Brian Alexander who will be moving down here on Tuesday. You may remember him from my newsletter. He is the guy who was cooking for us here last summer and is also considering moving here to work with the Ashcrafts. He has a house in town and that would put us in a very strategic place to learn the language and explore the town, witnessing to people. Since it´s during the school year, all of the boys from the ranch are living in town with different ladies in the church. The cost of fuel to drive 14 km to the ranch every day makes it better for them to live in town.

The Ashcrafts will be getting into town the Tuesday after this one. He will be preaching at a church in El Paso for Easter Sunday and then driving back here. The people here are great and the food is all hot. No it´s ALL hot. Picante y caliente; that´s spicy hot and temperature hot! My sinuses get cleared every meal!

For those of you on Facebook, I´ve got the next episode of my Video Journal finished and ready to publish, but this computer won´t detect my external hard drive, so I´ll probably burn them to a CD and post it later.

So on Saturday when I got into Jimenez, we went to the house of a lady in the church where they were having a ladies´get-together or Bible study. So I spent about 20 minutes with them and, of course, finding out that I was single, they all decided that I needed to marry a Mexican girl and are proceeding to find her for me in the next three months. We´ll see how that goes :o)

Oops! Gotta go! Love you all and keep me in your prayers!

P.S. It´s really hard to type on this international keyboard! Everything is in a different spot and in Spanish.

No comments: