"I have but one passion - it is He, it is He alone. The world is the field and the field is the world; and henceforth that country shall be my home where I can most be used in winning souls for Christ."

Friday, March 21, 2008

Party at the Ranch

Today, Brother Adrian and I drove out to Rancho La Fe at about 10:00 AM with Brother Jose, his wife Mary, Diego, Jose, and Sergio - another reminder of how much Spanish I need to learn! We met up with Wisho and his wife and 6 of us played basketball while the ladies were busy preparing lunch, which consisted of spaghetti, shrimp soup, rice/corn mix, salsa -of course - and another kind of soup (I don't even know what it is).

I got a lot of pictures and videos today, so those of you with a Facebook will get to see a lot of our day. Some of the activities included, playing basketball, playing volleyball, preparing lunch, gathering firewood, filming a re-enactment of 300, Brother Adrian doing his best WWE impression and leaping onto a table, smashing it to pieces, helping the ranchers gather a sick cow for dinner (for the sake of you ladies, I may leave that out of the video :o), playing around with the kids and our new dog - Dollar, trying to communicate with each other, and all kinds of fun stuff.


Driving in town is an interesting experience as well. For one thing, there's really not a speed limit, just random speed bumps with no markings whatsoever. So basically, when I'm driving and I hear Brother Jose say, "Ay, ay, ay!", or hear "Bajale, Gringo!" from the back, I know to slow down because there is probably a speed bump, or a big pothole, or a hidden stop sign coming up. But they still trust me enough apparently to let the gringo drive :o) This is a picture of me and my new friend, Jacelyn.
Anyway, there is a lot more I could write, but I need to go finish preparing my sermon for Sunday night. I've done some work on pictures and videos, but I'll have to wait until next week to post them, when I'm finished with Sunday's sermon. Thank you for all the prayers and keep them coming. Brother Randy and Miss Gwen will be getting in on Monday night, so it will be great to see them again. God bless you all!

No comments: