"I have but one passion - it is He, it is He alone. The world is the field and the field is the world; and henceforth that country shall be my home where I can most be used in winning souls for Christ."

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Living in Jimenez

Opportunities abound here in town!

I am now living here in Jiminez with 3 other single guys - Brian, Adriel, and Adrian. Brian Alexander is the guy I've mentioned before who has moved down here and is opening a restaurant on our back porch. Adriel is a friend of Brian's that he met in El Paso who has moved down here to live with us. Adrian is a 22-year old guy who has grown up here in Jimenez, was saved through the ministry of Iglesia Bautista La Fe, serves in the preaching and Sunday School ministry, and was just ordained as a minister this past December. I can't even tell you what a blessing he is!

The house where we are living is about 5 streets down from the church, 5 streets from the "centro comercial" or the main shopping plaza, and within walking distance of anywhere in town. And it is because of this location that opportunities abound. We just drove down to the carniceria to get some meat and were handing out tracts along the way. It's so great. And later on today, we're going out just to hand out tracts and talk to people about the gospel.

The people in the church are just tremendous! Everyone is so friendly and welcoming, just like being at Cornerstone. It's just another reminider of the way that we are all a part of the family of God even though we don't speak the same language. You can just sense it. We are all family!

I first met Brother Adrian on Sunday morning, when he came up to me and said, "So you are the famous Brother Jonathan? Yes, you are famous, brother. All the people here talking about you, and some of them they don't even know you yet. You got a gift!" He can speak English well enough to be our interpreter when we need it. And he is just so passionate about reaching people. He told me he wants to reach inner-city youth "with the light, because they are all looking for it, but they don't know that it is in Jesus." He is really becoming my teammate here, my true brother, my fellow slave of Christ.

Well, I'm going down to the internet cafe to try and get these videos uploaded. Keep praying everyone. God is working, and He wants to do much more!

No comments: