"I have but one passion - it is He, it is He alone. The world is the field and the field is the world; and henceforth that country shall be my home where I can most be used in winning souls for Christ."

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday, April 12th

Hey Everyone,


It's hard to believe that I only have another 57 days here before going back home. Wow, time flies, but it's just another reminder to take advantage of every opportunity I have here. Today I will be preaching at the prison at 4:00 PM, so I could use all of your prayers for that. I'm preaching in Spanish, but it should be pretty easy, because I won't be talking a whole lot except for the verses for evangelism that I've memorized. I just want to give them a simple, clear presentation of the Word of God, because that is what has the power to change their lives, not my words.


Also, I'm walking down to the church in about 20 minutes for our Saturday visitation. That is always exciting because we never know where we will go or whom we will get to visit. Last week with Brother Randy, we visited the houses of several church members and invited them specifically to the morning services that Sunday so that we could take pictures of the entire church family. I also got some video of our visits there and I'm working on putting that together and posting it on Facebook.


My final project for today is to finish my notes for Sunday School and get them all translated into Spanish. Last week I prepared them all in Spanish, but this week I'm trying to prepare them in English and then translate to Spanish. So when I'm finished with all that, I'll post them here in English for all of you to see. We are going to be studying in youth Sunday School "How To Think Like Christ". I told the teens in my lesson last week that my heart is for teenagers because I believe that they are in the most important years of their lives. I told them that they are making decisions now that will change the rest of their lives. And so since our time together is so limited, I want to help them out as much as possible with our Bible studies. If we can learn to think like Jesus, then we will learn to make choices the way that He would. This week we are focusing on Christ's number one concern on this earth - his compassion and heart for the lost. "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save that which was lost."


This week we had a group of 16 people visit us from Cedar Creek Church in Aiken, South Carolina. I can't even describe what a blessing and encouragement they were to all of us. We were immediately drawn together as a family. They were a huge help to us in ministering in the village of California and also in helping Brother Randy express to the church his goal to begin home group ministries here in Mexico. On Wednesday night, they shared their testimonies of how God has used their home groups in their church and Brother Wes Holbrook even learned "Open the Eyes of My Heart" in Spanish and sang it for the church. It was just a wonderful time of fellowship and ministry with our family from the States.
Well, I've gotta get steppin' so I'm not late for visitation. Not that it would matter, since we're on Mexican time here. If we "start" at 10, that means people start to show up at 10, and then we start whenever everyone comes. Oh well. God is working and your involvement is greatly appreciated. Thanks, my family!

No comments: