"I have but one passion - it is He, it is He alone. The world is the field and the field is the world; and henceforth that country shall be my home where I can most be used in winning souls for Christ."

Monday, May 19, 2008

3 Weeks Left... Back to the Ranch

Hey Everyone,
I thought I should send you all an update just to let you know that I will probably be out of contact for the rest of my time here, or at most, online once a week. I've only got three weeks more before heading back to Illinois. Where has the time gone? It seems like I've been here forever, but I'm not ready to go back, even though I can't wait to catch up with everyone again. Actually, there is a possibility that I may return for one week in July, so the idea of leaving isn't as hard for me. Last night we moved back to the ranch with Randy and Gwen and now all the boys are back living with us again.

I also have some good news for you. During the next 3 weeks, we will be making a promotional video for Rancho La Fe, interviewing the boys who live with us as well as a few men who have come through the boys home and are now in full-time ministry. I know some of you have been asking for a video like this and Brother Randy asked me yesterday for the same thing. So that will be my final video project down here in Mexico. It will certainly be finished before I leave, as I need to leave a copy with Randy and Gwen, but I may not be able to post it until I get home. We'll see how that goes. This week, I am double busy, as I am preparing my notes for youth Sunday School next week as well as my sermon for Sunday afternoon. So my video work will have to wait mostly until next week.

Last night, I was talking with Adrian about preparing my sermon. I am getting so excited to preach it! I already have my basic outline mostly completed and now just have to script it out and translate it. But in the process, God has been showing me more and more Scripture to use in my sermon and giving me more and more to say. I have even heard things related to my message in this week's messages by Brother Randy and Brother Mike Combs. It's just an affirmation of what I believe God wants me to say. I am still nervous about the actual speaking part, doing it in Spanish, but I know God will speak through me.

So thank you all, and I suppose, goodbye for a while! God bless you all and thank you for the critical part you have played in my ministry opportunities here through your prayers, support, and encouragement.

No comments: