What has God shown us up to this point?
1. He has called us to serve Him for the rest of our lives on the mission field.
2. He has directed us to Mexico for a year of on-field missions training.
3. He has burdened us to reach the unreached people of the world.
My mind if often overwhelmed by the possibilities of where we could serve; the harvest is plentiful and the laborers are few...........
- In a highly evangelized country like Mexico, there remain people groups who have never heard of Jesus Christ and some who do not even have a Bible in their native language.
- The religion of Islam is now the fastest growing religion in the world. On the surface, Islam often teaches principles strikingly similar to Christianity, declaring itself a religion of peace (while truly bringing peace to no one), and therefore deceiving many into thinking that Muslims and Christians serve the same God, only by different names.
- China, while being under the oppression of Communist leaders and closed to the gospel, now boasts not only the world's largest population, but is very near to surpassing the United States as the world's #1 sending country for evangelical missionaries.
- Europe continues on as one of the world's most cold and spiritually dead regions of the world, where missionaries may well spend years of faithful service before seeing a single soul won for Christ.
- The continent of Africa is rocked by the effects of AIDS, while sex-trafficking continues to increase, the number of orphans multiplies exponentially, and people starve or die of malnutrition every day.
- The Middle East is a boiling kettle of anger, hatred, and religious fanaticism ready to erupt at any moment into the devastation of its own people and the people of Israel.
Yet in the midst of these chaotic, last days of our earth, there remains great hope........
- The Wycliffe Bible Translators are on pace to have the Bible translated into every known world language by the year 2025, a mere 15 years away.
- God's sovereign election of Muslims to salvation is coming to pass by the millions. Old men are dreaming dreams and young men are seeing visions of Jesus Christ, just as the Bible prophesied would happen in "the last days".
- The underground of church of China is growing in spite of persecution with an estimated 10,000 people per day turning to Jesus.
- Institutions like Moffat Bible College in Kijabe, Kenya are training national pastors from all over Africa to take the gospel back to their different tribes who have never heard the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Gospel for Asia is sending out tens of thousands of native missionaries to go into those parts of the 10/40 window which have never been reached with the message of salvation in Jesus Christ.
- Operation Mobilization is pushing forward with the Near East Initiative to reach out to Muslims and share with them the true Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
- The Joshua Fund is raising money to provide finances, Bible, material resources, bomb shelters, tons of food, hospitals, medical personnel, gospel materials in Arabic and in Hebrew, in an effort to bless God's chosen people of Israel and protect them in the coming wars with neighboring countries.
So the question, then, to a young missionary couple is: Where does God want us to serve?
If this were a secular business and a mere career choice, the answer could be more simply found. We go where we could be the most comfortable. Or we go where we would most like to live. Maybe we go where we can have the greatest adventure. Or we may go where we would feel the most safe. But in this calling - this spiritual warfare - the choice is not our to make. Our commanding Officer will tell us where to go.
So what must we do to discern God's direction for our life? How does He guide us into His will?
- We must stay in close fellowship with God in order to clearly hear His voice.
- We must keep our eyes open to the opportunities the Lord brings across our path.
- We must listen to the counsel of those godly counselors God has placed in our life.
- We must follow each step that God shows us - walk through every door God opens.
Please pray for us. This is a decision that could easily be made by our emotions. This is a decision that could easily be affected by our fears. This is a decision that could determine the course of our lives. And this is a decision that could change the world!
Please pray for us!
"Find out where God is working and go and join Him there." - Henry Blackaby